Monday, March 28, 2011

When I see you smile, I can face the world, I can do anything

Violet is now just over 6 weeks old and I have come close to figuring out how to go about my day to day. Most days are really great. Then there are some that prove to be really hard, like when she screams so loud, it reminds me of Harry Potter's screeching mandrakes. I'm trying to do little things here and there that would make me feel more human and not just a frazzled first time Mom. But, again, it's super difficult and I get frustrated. Thankfully, she has yet to give me two really bad days consecutively.

The great thing is, Violet is starting to smile at us. She's smiling more and more in the last couple of days, and I swear, it's a magic spell. I can only imagine how much more my day will brighten when she starts to laugh. But for now, I'll enjoy looking down and seeing this:

Dimples are a gift from Dad.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What a beautiful little girl! Love the blog! - Tracy