In honor of the brand-spanking new baseball season, I am going through my 'Baseball' picture folder on my flashdrive. I have photos from every MLB stadium I've visited, and as it stand now, I've been to 16, four of which have been decommissioned (Shea, Yankee, Veterans, and Busch.) I also have tickets stubs to about 80% of the games I've gone to all stored away in memory boxes that will eventually turn into a scrapbook. I have a horrible memory when it comes to who played and who won, but I do know where I've been and what I've eaten.
Next Friday will mark my 11th home opener for the Mets, and I'm somewhat surprised I get to go. Even though when I first moved to Tennessee in 2008 I made a promise to my partner in crime that I would still make it to any future home openers no matter how far away I moved (he lives in Los Angeles), I really thought that just having a baby and Scott's work being super crazy in the month of April would make me break this promise. But luckily, I have in-laws who are itching to see their new granddaughter, so we have new sets of hands to help while I steal away to Queens.
I won't be able to watch the Mets' first game today, but I will have the Phillies/Astros and Red Sox/Rangers game on in the background as I do things around the house.
Winter is done, spring is here (well, mostly.)
Let's go baseball!
 |
| 2002 Home Opener |
 |
| Gary Carter and Doug |
 |
| Friends in Camden Yards |
 |
| Veterans Park |
 |
| Jacobs Field |
 |
| White Sox |
 |
| Milwaukee Brewers |
 |
| Turner Field |
 |
| Me at Shea - NLCS 2006 |
 |
| Fenway |
 |
| Outside of Fenway |
 |
| Shea Stadium 2007 |
 |
| Shea winding down - 2008 |
 |
| First game of CitiFields |
 |
| '86 World Series trophy |
 |
| Yankee Stadium - 2008 |
1 comment:
Let's Go Mets! We will be taking Knox to his first Mets game this season. Unfortunately Daddy is a Yankee fan so we'll be going there, too. :( Enjoy the home opener - I'm jealous!! -Tracy
Post a Comment