Friday, February 10, 2012

They say it's your birthday, We're gonna have a good time

It's been a year. A whole year. A year since Scott and I took our middle-of-the-night trip to the base hospital to get the Violet party started. It didn't actually start until the late afternoon on the 11th, but, eh, details =)

And to try to summarize the year would be nearly impossible. But I can tell you:
  • Violet got to travel. A lot. More than I thought a little infant could. Approximately 21,083 miles. And in all of the traveling, there were only 3 flights, two of which were to Waco, KY to visit the in-laws
  • She's already been to a wedding
  • She has charmed every TSA agent and flight attendant she's ever met
  • She's on her 3rd house in two different states
  • She likes remotes and phones, and she loves music and I think she's starting to dance
  • She LOVES this green blanket my Mom made for her and it seems to be her Linus blanket
  • She's great at snagging glasses and already knows how to lay a well-placed back hand slap
  • She waves to the world whenever she wakes up and loves to stick out her tongue whenever possible
There is so much more, but that's what I've got off the top of my head and I felt like I needed to jot down something to mark the little girl's first birthday. And tomorrow, we'll have my sister's girls over for cupcakes, Disney sing-a-longs and then a sleepover (mostly because my sister and her husband are going to a Valentine party).

Needless to say, Violet not only owned, but flourished during her first year on this planet. She's utterly amazing.


1 comment:

Auntie Tater said...

She slammed it up, alright.