Friday, September 17, 2010

That's what you get when you confuse your stomach with your heart

As mentioned in my previous post, I had grand intentions of what I would write about in my first blog back after a long absence. And yet, as a pregnant lady, all I can think about in the wee hours of the morning is food.

I enjoy cooking, but only when I have people to cook for. I'm horribly lazy when it comes to cooking just for myself. Dinner is the biggest meal I put effort into preparing since I have Scott to take into account, and I know I can argue that technically, I am cooking for me plus the Baby, but my brain is somehow missing that connection. Don't get me wrong, I am eating and keeping the Baby and myself well nourished; I'm just not doing it with very much enthusiasm.

So all of this laziness and forced munching is making me very wistful for the food establishments I knew in the towns I lived in before I moved here to Mountain Home. It's a nice little town, but it lacks in most of the prepared food comforts I had taken advantage of in the past.

In Johnson City, I became pretty addicted to Jason's Deli, where I could have the most delicious French Dip (or what they called a Beefeater sandwich.) I used to live within 2 miles of a Five Guys burger joint, whereas now I have to travel the 45 minutes to Boise to track down those fabulous, greasy burgers and fries. And, there was a Chick-Fil-A in easy access for grabbing waffle fries.

And from my old stomping grounds in Jersey, the baked ziti, good chinese food, good pizza and the bagels (though I suppose I have to skip the lox until after the baby is born) is what I miss more than the people I left behind.

I get by with what is around in this area and I have been eating healthier, but when I wake up in the middle of the night, the food is what is in the forefront of my pregnant lady mind.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Derek just posted that you are having a girl! Congratulations! You found out early, too. Can you feel kicking yet??

Susan said...

So far, I haven't felt much movement at all. In fact, while the tech was showing us the ultrasound and we were watching her move around, I couldn't feel any real difference. I will almost be relieved when I can actually feel her. And then miss my luck when I couldn't feel her ;)