If you haven't noticed, I normally like to give my blog entries song lyrics for titles. Sometimes I modify it, sometimes the words work out beautifully and I don't have to change a thing.
I have this blog and another for what I've used (or, more honestly, absolutely abandoned recently, but plan to go back to) as a motivational track of what I've done for exercising. As I've mentioned in the last blog entry, I now have a pretty good handle on my home, so I feel freer to do the things I want to do to help me 'normalize' my life.
But, here's something completely not that.
Every now and then, I'll be posting different recipes that I will try.
This is also so that I can keep track of what I've tried, the variations
I have or want to implement and to keep myself motivated in these efforts.
I hope to dovetail my sudden momentum on regular blogging and my food
blogging to my exercising and blogging about that, too. I won't be
clever enough to title my food entries with lyrics, but forgive me - I'm
sad about that as well :)
I have dabbled in cooking. I know which end of the mixer to hold. I have yet to sever a limb while chopping. But am I good at cooking? Not one bit. There are various reasons why I'm 35 and still not comfortable with cooking. Mostly, it's because I HATED to cook for just myself and now that I have a little more time, a lot more inspiration and a few mouths to feed, I want to start refining whatever skills I've gathered so far.
I don't want to just be a Pinterest recipe hoarder or a cookbook collector. I want to try things out. I'm a tad handicapped by the fact that I have been and probably forever will be a picky eater, but I'll try to be braver, just so I don't pass on the same handicap to my daughter (dang kids learning by example).
But, don't judge me when you see that the majority of my food blogging is about desserts. It's easier and I must follow my bliss ;p
First up - Moscato Cupcakes. More on that after I try it!
1 comment:
How's this coming? I'd meant to share Jules from Stonesoup with you last month. Her recipes all fave a few ingredients and include variations at the bottom of them. She also has youtube videos of the recipes and tutorials for the less common things (like poached eggs). I love her news letter, too.
http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2013/07/legume-of-the-week/#
Post a Comment