Friday, August 5, 2011

So if you've a date in Constantinople, She'll be waiting in Istanbul

A couple of days ago, Scott was able to see the list of possible bases to which he could get orders. The lists consisted of the places we already knew there was need: two bases in South Korea, one in Greenland, and one in Honduras. The two other countries I didn't know about are Turkey and Japan.

The last two bases were a surprise to me, mostly because on the slim chance he gets orders to go to either of these countries, Violet and I could go with him. The two in Japan are Kadena (in Okinawa) and Yokota (about 2.5 hours west of Tokyo) and the one in Turkey is a healthy distance east of Istanbul. If we need to go to Turkey, I'd better  buy a Turkish phrase book.

However, if the base is in Japan, this will give me the strongest motivation to purchase the Rosetta Stone language program to relearn my Japanese. I've been saying for years I'll be buying it, but procrastination always got the best of me. Now, I have a no-excuse reason to follow through.

The other detail to all of this base-talk that was a surprise to me is that we will find out in several weeks where Scott is going to go. Weeks. Here I thought I was at least a couple months. He won't know when he'll be leaving for a little while, but he'll know where soon. That sneaked up on me.

1 comment:

aaron said...

うまくいけばそれは日本だ!