Monday, February 21, 2011

Itsy bitsy spider climbed up the water spout

Since about Friday, we've been noticing some eye gunk that kept appearing in Violet's right eye that no matter how many wipes with a hot water washcloth we've been gently wiping it away with, it would return. I was already slightly concerned, but I finally decided to look up what it possibly could be on the internet - which I hate to do with anything medical with all of the unmonitored, crazy hypochondriacs out there posting worst case scenarios all the time. After cross referencing several sites I trust, I turned to Scott and suggested we make a visit to the base hospital. Because today is President's Day, we had to go to the Urgent Care, being that was the only part of the hospital really open. After a quick phone call to the UC, we started to get ourselves ready to see if little Violet had an eye infection.

I took the first shower and while I was finishing up, I quickly opened up my towel ... and a dime-sized spider popped out and I saw it shoot toward the corner of the bathroom. Thoroughly freaked out, I examined the rest of my towel just in case there was another arachnid surprise ... and found the small eggsack that Charlotte left behind. Sometime between my shower yesterday and today, that eight-legged creature decided it was time to nest. Now, I'm beyond the point of the heebie jeebies, but I had to get ready to go to Urgent Care, so I didn't have time to think about it.

If this happened anytime else, and if I didn't have more important things to think about, I would have just kept freaking out for the rest of the day. Gross.

Oh, and the doc confirmed it was conjunctivitis in Violet's eye, so we got some drops - so far, she's fairly easygoing with taking that medication.

2 comments:

Auntie Tater said...

I have some serious heebie-jeebies just reading that. GAAAHHH.

aaron said...

yeah, when nathaniel was little his tear duct was clogged up crusting up his eye with gunk. we had a stack of facecloths all over to wet and warm to wipe the eyes. good times.