Monday, January 31, 2011

All your life, You were only waiting for this moment to arise

My bag is packed. The car seat is strapped in and waiting. The room is set. Pretty much everything is good to go for Baby Girl's arrival. Now it's just a waiting game.

I've been forcing myself to keep calm, cool and collected, which I honestly thought would be a whole lot harder at this stage of the game. Scott's been really fantastic about not allowing me to overexert myself and takes care of stuff around the house. I spent a large part of the weekend sitting down a lot to stay off my feet to keep them from swelling into Hobbit-feet. And as I sit, Baby Girl would shift, shudder and occasionally hiccup while giving me small glimpses of what contractions feel like. I'm still in 'early labor' which basically means that I just have to be aware but not alarmed.

One of the ways I've been trying to lessen any possible stressers is avoiding my phone. So far, it's been working wonderfully. I already have a multi-tiered 'plan' of how I'll let people know when the action starts happening, and I figure if I can be patient, so can everyone else.

3 comments:

Derek said...

Do what I did. I texted about 5 people and told them to tell everyone. ;)

Statements Sometimes Obvious said...

yeah, i made phone calls to the new grandparents and aunts and uncles, a few close friends and family and sent a mass email to the second tier of people. don't concern yourself with getting the info out asap (except to me because i want to know). let scott take care of it after you pass out.

aaron said...

odd, i don't have an account here but it assumes i did. either way, we're both excited for you over here and nathaniel has no idea what's going on so he just yells 'yo gabba gabba' for you.